1. Is there free parking?
Yes, in our own car park with 20+ spaces.
2. How close are you to Ford station?
We are literally next door to Platform 1.
3. Is there a café or toilets in the store?
Sadly not, although we hope there will be one day. There are plenty of options in nearby Arundel.
4. How accessible is the shop for those with disabilities?
It’s as good as it can be with a flat, level surface from the car park into the store which has wide aisles and a helpful team of staff
5. Are children welcome?
Of course. We positively encourage the next generation of modellers and hobbyists
6. Do you buy/sell second-hand items?
No, we don’t. There are already a number of specialists in this field as well as eBay, all of whom do it better than we could.
7. Do you repair old locomotives?
No. But we know people that can and can pass on their details to you.
8. Do you offer decoder fitting or weathering?
No. We’d rather teach you the skills you need and see you take pleasure from doing it yourself.
9. Do you offer VAT free sales to visitors from overseas?
Yes, you can obtain a refund at the airport through our Premier Tax-Free scheme.
10. How much of your stock is on display?
Our shop is one of the largest in Europe but would need to be five times the size to be able to display everything. If you can’t see what you are looking for then please ask, it could well be in one of our nearby warehouses.
11. Do you offer gift vouchers?
Of course. In a variety of denominations and they come in an attractive railway themed blank greetings card
12. I need some advice. Would you be able to help me?
YES. Our staff are all modellers themselves and are happy to answer any questions you might have about the model and hobby products we sell. That’s what they are there for!
Shop Opening Hours
Monday to Saturday - 09:00 to 17:30
Sundays & Bank Holidays - 10:30 to 15:30
TEL – +44 (0) 1903 884488
FAX – +44 (0) 1903 884377
ONLINE - Contact Us
1. How secure is my data?
We are fully PCI compliant and offer the latest security measures to ensure your details are held securely
2. What do the different colour buying buttons mean?
Green means in stock and ready to ship, Yellow means out of stock but more on the way and Red means out of stock and not yet ordered from supplier. You’ll see statuses change all the time as stock comes and goes and the levels are updated numerous times during the day.
3. What if I order an item that is out of stock?
We only charge you when we send your goods out, so in these circumstances we would only charge your card when the item arrives and is ready to ship.
4. Who will be delivering my items?
Preferably Royal Mail or sometimes UPS depending on the size, type, and urgency of the shipment. You’ll get full tracking information from them when your shipment leaves us.
5. Can I pay more for express delivery?
Yes, you can. Select 24hr delivery at checkout and order before midday.
6. Can you ship paints and aerosols?
Usually but if there’s a problem with your order, we will let you know.
7. Do you price match other retailers?
No, we don’t. Our prices are as listed. We do our best to keep them keen and of course offer our long-established FREE SHIPPING option.
8. Do you offer any extra discounts for clubs or societies?
No, we don’t although we value their patronage hugely.
9. Do you ship abroad?
Of course, and we like to think we are rather good at it too! We charge postage at cost in order to get you the best value and it’s visible before you checkout. We also offer VAT free sales to qualifying countries. All shipments are marked up with the value of goods contained within so you may be charged import duty on arrival by the relevant authorities.
10. Do you accept other forms of payment other than a credit/debit card?
Yes – cheques, postal orders and bank transfers are all good. We don’t accept PayPal.
11. What happens if I want to change my order?
Depending on how far along it is in the process, we’ll do everything we can to accommodate any changes.
12. What if there is a problem with my order?
Please do get in touch as soon as possible and we will do everything we can to rectify any issues as quickly as we can. We pride ourselves on our customer service and there are friendly, real people, in our building to answer the phone to talk you through anything you might need to know.