1. Advertised Prices
- Prices are valid at the time of placing the order but are subject to change without notice. Although we make every effort to ensure advertised prices are correct, there may be occasions where an incorrect price is advertised. Under these circumstances we are not obliged to supply goods at the advertised price where there is an error in any said price.
- Where there is no manufacturer SRP (suggested retail price) for a product, we have priced using a calculation typical to the Model Railway industry.
- Please note that prices advertised are VAT inclusive and any customers ordering to non-European Union destinations will need to divide each taxable item price by 1.2. Alternatively, the VAT deduction will be calculated for the complete order on selection of the destination country.
- Literature is not subject to tax and therefore the non-EU price is as shown.
2. Website Images
- Pictures on the site are to be used only as a guide. From time to time manufacturers may change colours or other details of their products.
- We advise any customer who is unsure of the product(s) they intend ordering to contact us prior to placing an order so a member of our sales team may assist (see Section 8 Order Processing).
3. Delivery of Goods in Stock
- Delivery of goods that are in stock will usually be within the carrier’s specified delivery time depending on the service chosen.
- Items out of stock will be placed on back order and supplied when available and these items will not be charged until they are available to ship.
- We are unable to hold goods that are in stock pending the arrival of out of stock goods.
- New, pre-order items are supplied as soon as stock becomes available.
- Any item on back order can be cancelled at any time up to the point of despatch, apart from items that have been specially ordered or built, which cannot be cancelled without our prior agreement.
- Your order may be delayed if the item is not in stock with our suppliers.
- Some items may be unavailable, and the current stock status is approximate.
4. ‘Next Business Day’ delivery service
Due to the phenomenal volumes currently in our carrier networks – exacerbated by the pre-Christmas border closures, Brexit and the current lockdown, we are suspending our guaranteed Next Business Day service with immediate effect.
Customers can still opt for this service which will guarantee SAME or NEXT DAY DESPATCH (depending on whether the order is placed before or after midday) but we cannot reliably guarantee delivery on the next working day. Please disregard the information below.
Items ordered using our ‘Next Business Day’ delivery service will be despatched subject to the following conditions:
- Orders received before midday Monday to Thursday will be delivered the following day.
- Orders placed after midday will be despatched the following working day and received the day after.
- Delivery cannot be made at weekends and bank holidays.
- Orders placed on a Friday before midday will be delivered on the next business day (usually Monday).
- Orders placed Friday after midday, or at any time during a weekend, bank holiday, other holiday period, or after midday on a working day that is followed by a holiday, will be despatched the following working day and delivered the day after.
- Where there are circumstances beyond our control such as severe adverse weather and/or industrial action, we cannot guarantee that Next Business Day orders will arrive in time and no compensation will be granted for late deliveries in such circumstances.
- The Next Business Day option is available to most mainland UK addresses.
- All ‘Next Business Day’ packages will need to be signed for on delivery.
5. Carriage Charges
- Mainland UK orders above a value of £15.00 can be sent carriage free using our economy service, with the exception of orders containing one or more items above a length of 600mm and below £25.00 total order value.
- Orders conforming to this exception will be charged carriage at cost, (not to exceed £4.95).
- Orders using promotions to reduce the amount payable to zero will be charged carriage of £2.50.
- Mainland UK orders below a value of £15.00 will incur a small orders handling charge of £2.50.
- Mainland UK orders solely for catalogues are exempt from the small orders handling charge, orders consisting of solely free of charge catalogues will be charged carriage at £2.50.
- Overseas customers are charged carriage at cost.
- VAT will not be charged on orders sent outside the European Union. We will not be liable for any duty or import taxes that may occur.
- Carriage is calculated primarily by weight, the heavier the items ordered, the higher the carriage charge will be.
- TCarriage for all non-mainland UK orders will be calculated upon checkout of the order, the cheapest available option will be shown.
Go Back To Top